In February of 2002, I was at the Sahaja Yoga Health Centre at Belapur, in order to dust off some more negativity from my subtle system. On the 19th of February, it was the sixth anniversary of theExperience it now
"...You Cannot Know The Meaning Of Your Life Until you Are Connected To The Power That Created..."
FOUNDER PRESIDENT: H. H. SHRI MATAJI NIRMALA DEVI
BIOGRAPHY OF H.H.SHRI MATAJI NIRMALA DEVIThe founder of the Science of Sahaja Yoga, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi was born on March 21, 1923 in Chindwara, Central India.
As a child, many times She and her parents visited the ashram of Mahatma Gandhi. As a young girl, Shri Mataji participated as a youth leader in Gandhiji’s freedom movement. In 1942 while studying medicine at Christian Medical College in Lahore, She led the student struggle for freedom and was imprisoned as a patriot.
Her father the late Shri Prasad Rao Krishna Rao Salve was a member of the National Assembly of India and a renowned scholar. He was a master of fourteen languages and he translated the Koran into Marathi.
Shri Mataji’s mother was the first Indian woman to graduate in Mathematics.
In 1947 Shri Mataji married Sir C.P. Srivastava, IAS. A prominent member of Indian Administrative Service, he was selected by the late Prime Minister of India Lal Bahadur Shastri to be his Private Secretary. In 1974 he was selected as the Secretary General of the UN-International Maritime Organization and on his successful conclusion of first term in office was unanimously re-elected for a further three terms. He has been decorated with many prestigious awards. In 1972 he was awarded the ‘Padma Bhushan’ by the President of India. In 1990 he became the first Indian to be honored by the Queen of England with the highest order of Honorary Knight Commander of the most Distinguished Order of St.Michael and St.George. Shri Mataji has two daughters and four grand children.
In 1970 Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi a ‘Legendary Spiritual Scientist’ began teaching and transforming human beings through the unique creation of Sahaja Yoga. On May 5th 1970, after three days of continuous meditation Shri Mataji rediscovered ancient Yoga to awaken dormant primordial energy (Kundalini), which was described in the Markandeya Puranas thousand of years ago. In deep meditation Shri Mataji had a direct experience of Cosmic Consciousness and knew that the time had come for human beings to rise up to get their ‘Self Realization’ through Sahaja Yoga which would besides giving their spiritual ascent also bestow good health on an individual.
H. H. Shri Mataji has travelled extensively around the World spreading the knowledge of Sahaja Yoga, and awakening the power to achieve “Self-Realization” that exists within each human being..
She postulated a hypothesis of ‘Sickness and its Cure’ in human beings and as early as 1970 advocated the use of ‘Sahaja Yoga’ in the treatment of diseases particularly Psychosomatic diseases. On 19th February 1996, for the benefit of humanity Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi inaugurated and gifted mankind the International Sahaja Yoga Research and Health Centre, at C.B.D., Belapur, Navi Mumbai in India; a unique centre where vibrations developed by the practice of Sahaja Yoga are used to achieve good health.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS – H.H.SHRI MATAJI NIRMALA DEVI
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND CANADA
- Cincinnati, 1992: September 10th is proclaimed as 'Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Day.'
- Philadelphia 1993: October 15th is proclaimed as 'Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi Day.'
- Los Angeles, 1993 and 1994: A Letter of welcome and continued friendshipwas Granted by Mayor Richard Riordan on behalf of the people of Los Angeles, USA.
- New York, 1994: A police parade was organized to honoring Shri Mataji and to celebrate Her association with Mahatma Gandhi. The half-day march encircled Central Park and originated on 5th Avenue.
- British Columbia, 1994: A letter of Welcome was granted by the Premier of the Province of British Columbia, Mr. Mike Harcourt, to Shri Mataji, on behalf of the people of Canada.
- Beijing 1995: Official Guest speaker of the Chinese Government and was invited to speak at the International Women’s Conference.
- New York, 1989 – 1994: Invited by the United Nations for four consecutive Years to speak on how to achieve world peace.
- New York, 1989: Awarded the United Nations Peace Prize.
- St. Petersburg, 1993: Appointed as Honorary member to the Presidium of Petroyaska’s Academy of Art and Science. In the history of the Academy only twelve people have been granted this honour, Einstein being one of them.
- St. Petersburg, 1993: Inaugurated the International Conference on “Medicine and Self–Knowledge”, a yearly event now conducted in Russia.
- Moscow, 1989: Shri Mataji met with the head of the USSR Ministry of Health. Following this meeting Sahaja Yoga was granted full government sponsorship, including funding for promotion and scientific research.
- Italy, 1986: Declared “Personality of the Year” by the Italian government.
- Brazil, 1994: The Mayor of Brasilia welcomed Shri Mataji at the airport and presented Her with the Key to the City, and sponsored all Her programmes.
- Romania, 1995: Awarded Honorary Doctorate in Cognitive Science by the Romanian Ecological University
- India, 1997: Unity International Peace Award.
- India, 1998: Road in Navi Mumbai named “H.H.Shri Nirmala Devi Marg”
- Dr. Arun Dongre
- Mr. Shridhar Pai
Panel of Doctors
The Health Centre started functioning in Feb 1996 and was inaugurated by H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi on 19th February 1996. The late Prof. U.C Rai was the first Director appointed by H.H. Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. Dr. Rai served in the Health Centre for 5 years. During his tenure Prof. Rai worked very hard and surrendered all positive results at the Holy Feet of Shri Mataji. His service was his Offering of Devotion to Shri Mataji. He along with many eminent doctors looked after the Health Centre and took care of the visiting yogis and patients from India and abroad.
After his demise inn 2001 Dr. Madhur Rai was appointed incharge of the Health Centre. There have been many doctors who have offered their services at the Health Centre from its inauguration. The Health Centre being an International Centre of excellence to serve the cause of humanity through Sahaja Yoga witnessed associations of many Sahaja Yogi Doctors from time to time from Russia, Canada, Africa, Romania, Turkey etc.; some of the doctors who have rendered their services are Dr. Katia from Russia, Dr.Obido and Dr. Aparna from Romania, Dr. Emilinia and Dr. Cristina from Canada, Dr.Anand Hule, Dr.Smita Bugde, Dr.Shilpa Takpere, Dr.Sarita, Dr.Yogita, Dr.Alok, Dr.Aklilesh, Dr.Mukesh Aggarwal from India, Dr. Apoo from South Africa, Dr. Ozlem from Turkey, Dr. Durga, Dr. Nayana, Dr. Bandekar, Dr. Manoj and Dr. Jagruti.
Currently Dr. Arun Dongre is in charge of the Health Centre.
Currently the Health Centre has an expert team of 10-12 Sahaja Yoga doctors, all with an excellent sense of vibratory awareness to detect the imbalances and help develop the required treatments for the yogi patients. All the doctors are experts in the Sahaja Yoga subtle knowledge by the blessings of H.H. Shri Mataji and have to demonstrate the various techniques used to cleanse the subtle self, as advocated by Shri Mataji Herself, to the yogi patients for their improvement. The Health Centre has resident doctors as well as visiting doctors in the Out Patient Department section. The Health Centre receives yogies from across the globe in this Holy place, which was gifted by our Holy Mother for the Benefit of Mankind.
The Doctors in this Health Centre though cater to all in the capacity of a Sahaja Yogi practitioner yet professionally they belong to different branches of medicine – like Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Allopathy. Few doctors with Naturopathy background have also offered their services at the Health Centre. The unique criteria for all doctors offering their precious service at the Health Centre is that individually they should be Sahaja Yogis who are good in meditation, have an excellent vibratory awareness and who have a knowledge about the techniques as practiced in Sahaja Yoga.
All applicants who wish to offer their service at the Health Centre must send their bio-data (CV) and a letter of recommendation from their Country /State / city co-ordinator to.
Initially the newly appointed doctors in the Health Centre would undergo training for about 10-15 days during which they are taught the various ways to handle patients as the Health Centre has set protocols and the treatments to the patients are applied purely on a vibratory level. No other medicine is prescribed other than the intake or continuation of the regular medicines the yogis are already taking for their specific ailment. The prime qualification for doctors at the Health Centre is that every doctor must be dedicated to Shri Mataji and Her teachings of Sahaja Yoga.